Child Neurology Center: Diagnosis & management of neurological disorders in newborn and children
- Central nervous system infections are extremely serious.
- Meningitisaffects the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
- Encephalitis affects the brain itself.
- Central nervous system infections caused by viruses can cause meningitis and encephalitis.
- A genetic disorder is a genetic problem caused by one or more abnormalities in the genome, especially a condition that is present from birth (congenital).
- Most genetic disorders are quite rare and affect one person in every several thousands or millions.
- Genetic disorders may be hereditary, passed down from the parents’ genes.
- Developmental Delay is when your child does not reach their developmental milestones at the expected times.
- It is an ongoing major or minor delay in the process of development. If your child is temporarily lagging behind, that is not called developmental delay.
- Dyskinesia is abnormal uncontrolled movement and is a common symptom of many movement disorders. Tremors are a type of dyskinesia.
- Nerve diseases cause many movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s diseaseDyskinesia is abnormal uncontrolled movement and is a common symptom of many movement disorders.
- Tremors are a type of dyskinesia. Nerve diseases cause many movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease
Book Appointment Google Review
Child Neurology Center